Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Crochet Along

Today was my crochet along afghan class at the local shop Knit and Stitch in Cocoa Village. of course, I would be the only one to sign up for the class, but hey, more attention for little ole’ me. This afghan was probably the best one for me to be taking a class on. Each square of the afghan has a different cable stitch, ultimately teaching me 63 (holy cow!) cable stitches. Considering the cable stitch is one of the only things I have not attempted yet, by the time I’m done with this project I will be an expert!


The majority of the people at the store are knitters, hence “Knit and Stitch,” but they do teach some crochet classes. Luckily, I was down here for this one. I had never been in a specialty yarn shop before until now. At this store, people come in all day to knit their on latest projects with the assistance and company of the store workers and friends. Its great to know there are places like this where you can just come in, sit, relax, and crochet until your heart is content. Wish there were places like this back home! Might end up going back tomorrow night for open table night, who knows.


Back to crocheting!

Sorry for poor quality pictures. Taken with cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment