Monday, October 31, 2011

Hookn' Like Crazy

Well, it has been a while. School is taking over my life a little more everyday, even more so now that we only have a month left in the semester. So much to do, both for school and crochet. I signed up to do the CCIP Crochet I Teacher Certification class. I have not even gotten a chance to get started on my assignments for it, but I have six months to complete it. Then I will be interviewed over the phone, and hopefully become a certified crochet teacher! If so, I will be able to teach classes on my own and also at places like Michaels. Should be interesting.   

Other than that, I have just been trying to keep up with all of this school work. I have so much due this week including tests since the semester is quickly coming to a close. It has gone by so quickly, but it has been a good semester. A busy one, for sure. Lately, I have been crocheting a good bit for people I know at home along with making a few things to sell online. I finished my “Brandi Scarf” a couple weeks ago and this weekend I made some matching “Brandi Fingerless Mitts” which turned out super cute. Along with those, I have been making baby and kid hats like crazy. Right now I have four more kid hats to do and four adult hats along with another pair of fingerless gloves. On top of all of this, my sister announced that she would like a set of three (hat, scarf, and fingerless gloves) by this Saturday. She is crazy. 



Baby hats... only have made a few and never any booties. But, I did make and sell a matching pumpkin hat and booties last weekend to my cousin for her little three month old girl. Turned out super cute after many trials and errors with the booties. My first sell!




Also, I made an aviator/bomber hat for our youth minister’s son’s second birthday. He looked absolutely adorable in it. I was afraid it would not fit his little head, but it turned out to be a perfect fit. Now his dad wants a matching hat and his mom wants one that is the same style but brown and tan. 




Right now I am working on a Thanksgiving hat for another two year old from church. I think it is going to turn out cute. Its all of the fall colors with earflaps and a little flower on the side. After I finish her hat, I have another Christmas one I have to make for her and my cousin’s little girl, two sock monkey hats, the adult aviator hats, an adult beanie, and the rest of my friend Lindsey’s breast cancer awareness stuff. Oh, I made her a scarf... which I need to get pictures of. Also going to make her a matching hat and fingerless gloves.



First Package, what do you think?

Oh, where has the time gone. All of these things to make on top of a BUSY week of school.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment